Saturday, January 30, 2010

Oxford

Hello Everybody!

I’m writing this while I’m in Edinburgh and to be honest it seems like Oxford was such a long time ago. So here’s to hoping that I remember everything that I did in Oxford.

So...Oxford - Yea

We got to Oxford the night of the 22nd. It was raining when we got here (Who Hoo!) and we were not quite sure where there might be a hostel (besides Nathan’s iPhone - which here’s an interesting fact - the iPhones Google Maps and GPS is definitely not as accurate as it is in the states :-( ) So we ended up walking around quite a bit trying to find a hostel, found one, and then booked 2 nights. We were quite wet/tired by the time we got there so we just relaxed for the rest of the night and attempted to dry out our clothes :P

The next day we got up around 830-9 (which has been typical while we’ve been over here) and started walking around Oxford. The architecture there was quite interesting and I really liked the atmosphere of oxford. We first went to Christ Church - Walked around that for a bit - then went through the stores of Oxford - they have a really cool covered market there that i liked alot. Which also had this nice little cookie shop called Ben’s cookies - hmm cookies :-D )
Then we went on a Museum run . We hit a few free museums and then the Pit Rivers Museum and then at that point we were a bit tired and headed back to the hostel. I grabbed a quick nap, then went coffee shop jumping for the majority of the rest of the day. After I was done with that I went to Eagle and Child Pub (Where CS Lewis used to write) grabbed a quick cider and then headed back to the hostel.

The next day we went back to London and bought a Eurolines pass (Allows you to travel unlimited via bus for 30 days -159 pounds) and booked our bus to Edinburgh. The bus departed later that day at 730pm - Meanwhile we had 5 hours to kill in London. I ended up going to starbucks because I was feeling sick and wanted free internet(Surprisingly in London it was much more difficult to get Wi-fi than the other towns I was in) While I was there I was just able to relax - update my blog - and meet random people. It was quite funny actually, while sitting in that Starbucks I was approached and had decent conversations with 3 different people. It was quite nice.

Oh - also at that point I was getting a bit sick (sore throat, sinus thingy).
So we leave London at 7pm and got into the station (after 2 transfers) in Edinburgh at 7am - Gotta love long bus rides :P.

...Sorry no really good photos from Oxford Guys, it seems like we're getting kinda lazy when it comes to the photo side of things - Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment