Sunday, January 3, 2010

Here's the plan!


So here is the plan! In reality - We're probably going to wing the majority of it. Ha! Right now I like the part up to Vienna and then I thought that I might fly to Rome and hit Florence and Piza then Fly home - But I'm not sure. I'm not used to it but I think I'm just going to be flexible and feel out what we want to do.

As of right now - We are planning on relying on Couch-Surfing as well as Hostels for when we stay at places.

Then for transportation - The Main Idea is to use this site - rideforcents.org or hitchike - I know a bit on the sketchy side - but I'm willing to give anything a try once - if i dont like it we may just end up buying a busing pass. Although while I'm there I definitely want to try out one of those high-speed trains. I think those would be really cool to travel on.

Here's the basic Plan if you dont want to look to closely at that map
Dublin - Uk (Oxford/London and some small towns in-between) - Paris - Brussels - Amsterdam - Hanover - Berlin - Prauge - Vienna - Budapest (Then this is where it might change) its one of these two

PLAN A : - Bern, Switzerland - Marsellis - Nice - Genova - Venice - Florence - Pisa - and Rome

OR

Plan B : After Vienna - Fly to Rome - Florence - Piza - Venice - Then Fly home.


The only real reason I'm contemplating Plan B is because I do have an internship with a company - Clair Brothers - Lined up after I get back from Europe. Its a company that I Would Absolutely Die to work for and I do not want to miss out on an opportunity, and simply by going to Europe I'm Putting off the intership so I dont want to prolong it to much. We'll see what happens though - Its all tenative and probably up for change.


As For Packing -
I was able to borrow this really nice Backpack from my sisters friend for free - so I'm stoaked about that!
And I got alot of gifts over Christmas that is basically covering the initial start up cost of the trip.

I'm borrowing my sisters camera for the trip - which will help me save a good amount of money, and then I'm also borrowing my brother, Jason's iPod touch (He reciently got an iPhone) so that will make it a bit easier to get online.

Besides that I made a deal with my other brother Joel - where we swapped some hard drives around so his portable external is officially mine - so I'll be keeping that with me as well! Which will be nice for a back up for all the photos i'll be taking!

Thats all I can think to write for now! Let me know if you think I'm missing something!

No comments:

Post a Comment