Thursday, February 18, 2010

Berlin

Berlin-

Wow - to think that it's been almost 2 weeks since I was in Berlin! Crazyness.

So this is my attempt at blogging from my iPod touch. Which probably means that these blogs will be significantly shorter and there will be less photos- sorry!
The reason behind that is because yesterday me and Nathan went different ways - I went to Italy he went to poland. I wanted to have a portion of this trip traveling by myself - just to see what it was like.

So yea - we left Amsterdam and got to Berlin really early in the morning - found a hostel and headed out figure out what to do.
We decided that we would go on the 11am walking tour which was awesome because it really gave us a feel for the history of Berlin and the basic layout of the city. We were able to see where hitlers bunker was - the Berlin wall and the Brandenburg gate. Among many other things. After the tour was done we went to a cafe and chilled for a while before we decided to go back to the hostel. The funny thing is that we got split up on the way home because I got on the wrong train - and considering Nathan was navigating the entire tine and our hostel was out of the city center I wasn't quite sure how to get back. I ended up figuring it out though because I remeber there being a opera near our hostel and there was a stop on the underground that looked like the word opera in German - haha

So we basically just spent the rest of the night relaxing and playing guitar - very relaxing.

The next day was our wondering day - we went up in the parlement building which was pretty cool because on top ofthe building thy give you a free audio tour inside this glass domeshaped roof that if you look down you can see parlement. The audio talked about all the major buildings that you could see while walking up this spiral staircase up the dome. After that we went to the imfamous dunkin douhnuts that my dad told me to goto like 50 times before we left. And then we triedto go to the Jewish momorial - the muesum part of it was closed but we walked throuh the momorial which was cool

The last day we paid to goto a walking tour through the concentration camps that was just north of Berlin

That night we went to the bus station to book our way to Prague but they didn't have a bus for 3 days ...so we went to vienna that night instead




No comments:

Post a Comment