Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Venice

Venice
Venice was beautiful and definately a place I wan to revisit...just during the summer. I arrived there an started wondering around and then met some Lost canadians that I helped them find the train staion. They assured methat Venice was a beautiful city - but there wasn't a ton to do. They honestly suggested that I just walked around for awhile. I ended up getting an unlimited day pass for the water taxi - which was a lot of fun- I ended up going to one of the small islands off of Venice called lido which was really cool it had some awesome beaches and just a beautiful land away from the hordes of tourists that were in the city center. I hit up a cafe and chilled out for q bit

I ended up going back to the bus station to see about using my eurolines pass to get to Florence and found out thier office was closed with 3 numbers attached to the door with a few Italian phrases on it - needless to say I was lost I ended up calling all 3 of those numbers (with my luck it was the 3rd one I needed to call) an found out that I not only that I couldn't go to Florence but I couldn't go anywhere with my pass - discouraged I looked into renting a car, apparently they weren't opened past 1230 on the weekend and so I went to the train station and got a ticket from there.
I'm really tempted to rent a car once this eurolines pass runs out - yes it'll e expensive but it'll allow me to travel as I please and by the end of renting the car I'll e really good at driving a stick shift... Just sayn

No comments:

Post a Comment