Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Paris

Paris -
So I’ve been trying to keep up on this blog but it has been obviously failing miserably. For a few reasons.
1) You cant really blog about a city until you have officially left the city
2) The majority of the buses that we are taking do not have outlets in them and considering the age of this computer the battery does not last that long
3) The last few cities we really didn’t stay in that long because - well we didnt necesarily like them that much.

So yes - I’m going to attempt to get Paris, then Brussels and Amsterdam all done while in the lovely city of Berlin right now.

Paris - Yes, hmmm....

Well we went to Paris - Surprise I know :-D
We got to our hostel in paris pretty late, and probably not in the best mood because of the previous day’s bus excursion. So once we got there we basically went straight to bed. The next day I think I was still a bit grumpy so I figured that I’d take a day to myself. It was quite cool because that day I got to see a bunch of cool little sites ... and some of the big ones as well - the Arc de Triumph and the Eiffel tower. I contemplated going up on both attractions at that time - but I thought Nathan might end up wanting to do that as well so I waited. (Unfortunately that was probably the best day to do so because it was probably one of the more beautiful days we had in Paris). But it was definitely a good day to take to relax and have to myself. It was really a beautiful day in Paris and it was nice just to be able to walk around.
The next day we slept in and went on the walking tour (I really enjoyed this one - it allowed us to give us a good base to the history of the Paris and also we got to see the little sights and some fun back stories :-D
Then we went to some coffee shops afterward and Nathan tried to figure out how to rent a bike in Paris from one of the Kiosks. It would have been really cool and only 1.5 Euro / Day - but for some reason it wouldn’t accept an american credit card and we were unable to do so :-( at that point we were pretty tired and decided to go back to the hostel and make some dinner. We made some rice that night and actually met some cool british girls that we had a few beers with.
The next day was spent in the Louvre. Basically all day...haha- oh and the apple store outside of the Louvre. (and took some cool photos of the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triumph







Then the last day we split up and did our own things again. I went to Notre Dam then up in the Arc de Triumph and the Eiffel tower. Then went and grabbed our bus to Brussels

No comments:

Post a Comment