Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Florence

Florence

So I officially like this whole writig my blog on the train/bus to the next location!
I'm headed on my way to Pisa right now on the train for 5eiro and man this train is nice! There are 3 people in this coach and it's a beautiful view outside! Much more comfortable than the bus

I got into Florence and walked around a bit - grabbed a hostel - took care of some stuff foe the flight back home while cooking pasta - whih btw 2 euro can make you pasta for 3 days! Awesome! And just relaxed and talked this portugese girl the rest of the night.

I think my one complaint with Italy is that is swarming with tourists! Any place you go there are people trying to be Rambo with cameras - it's crazy! Haha - that's actually probably why I'm moving through it so quickly. Otherwise, even in febuary, it's beautiful here! I've barely had to wear my coat so far!

So the day after I got there I spend the walking - and that was a great idea! I got to feel Florence out real well and consideong it's a real small city it wasn't hard to figure out. I found this awesome really little itialian sunday market that I walked through like 3 times I ended up getting this carrotte cake slice and wanted to buy something else but nothing really suited my fancy.
After that I found this awesome garden that I walked around for 2 hours (sorry I'm bad with names - I just didn't catch it - it was near the piazza de pittti. But it felt like a nice fall day with sun and everything - it was a perfect day to be walking through that garden
After that I went to the Stefano caporali which was just an absolutely huge church - no photos allowed - boo!!
I jus walked through the street markets for a bit and just enjoyed the absolutely beatiful day.

After a bit it seemed to wantto rain so I beaded back to the hostel.
Te next day wanst as beautiful so I went to the Musei fiorentini and then decide that I'd go over to pisa for the rest of the day! Now I'm on that train! And it's a beautiful ride! I'll prob get there around 2. And I'll prob drop Off my bag at a luggage place and walk aroud Pisa and go up the leaning tower. Then I'm contemplating staying the night or going to nice tonight - well see.

No comments:

Post a Comment