Thursday, February 18, 2010

Budapest

Budapest

Our bus to budapest was probably the worst bus ride I have ever experienced - i didn't sleep and it left me feeling sick :-(

Budapest want as good as prauge! Haha. It was still cool though. We got to our hostel really early and decided to go to these amazing spas we heard so much about - we went to one which was pretty cool - we really needed a break after that bus ride
We got back to the hostel and took an amazing nap. We then went on a wild google maps goose chace to try finding a tescos - which failed miseraby and on our way back 2 older German women tried getting us to come to a bar with them! Awkward - and besides me and nathan both find the German language completely terrifying! So we left as soon as we could
We then found a gocery store and cooked dinnerand watehed me myself and Irene at the hostel. Nathan went to bed shortly after that but I stayed up and talked/played cards (and eurcre) with 2 aussies (rachael and dan) that were traveling together.

We then spent the next day hanging out with those Aussies. We we to parlement, buda castle a church and climbed up on this hill that overlooked Budapest - really cool sights although I wish I had an tripod so I could have taken better photos. It was pretty late then so we just went back tote hostel and played euchre that night




The next morning we went to book our busses to differnet directions and found out that there was no busses that night so we had to wait until the next day. I just took a chill day and just chilled in the dorm

Nathan left that morning to poland and I basically had the day to myself, which was VERY weird. I ended up finding this island between buda and pest and walking the length of it - which was pretty cool bccsuse it was basically one big park. So it allowed me some time to think and be by myself - Which if you know me - that is definately something i need on a regular basis.
Then I ended up going to this really nice cafe and then spent the rest of my time chilln at the hostels on thier computers. Until I had to take my bus to venice!

No comments:

Post a Comment